Kamis, 10 September 2009

My Experience in EWD 2009

My Experience in EWD 2009

Last week I had an English Welcoming Days at Wonogondang Camping Ground. I was there with all my friends from the same study program. We went there by bus and it took an hour to get there.

There was so cold, though that was evening, but the weather was so cold. That day the event started with the Introduction of all friends, Group Leaders, and an introduction of who was in charge there. That night we celebrated our English Welcoming Day by Talent show, all of the group had to present a talent show, mostly by Musical Drama.
That night I hadn't enough preparation to present our drama, but I had to do all I can do to make the best of us. After few hours, we got our turn to present the drama, I was so nervous since I didn't prepare that well, I didn't come to Pre-EWD that was held week before the real EWD.
Finally I had to go aboard the stand and do myself as a Guard of the Prince, thanks to God because I did it without any mistake, and that was wonderful. Finally the Talent Show was over, I wondered to take a nap cause I was so tired and that was too late. But I thought wrong, the event still continued by Tracking, Tracking is an event that each Group of EWD must walk trough the light sign in order to reach the main Post, there we would get some games and spirit reflection.
That was a cool night since we were in a high mount, Merapi Mount. I was actually a bit scary when I passed a long narrow bridge, there was no fence on it so I had to watch each of my steps in order not to get fall from that high bridge. After few minutes we passed the bridge and the group leader told us that we have to stop, that was so suck since we were in a Plateau with strong cold winds blew ourselves, that penetrated my thick jacket and frozen me like an ice.
After a long time we continued our trip, and finally we reached our camping ground at 6 a.m, the group leader told us to close our eyes and told us to walk. they told us to sit, and take off our shoes, then they washed our leg with a cold water. that was touching since they were our senior but they serviced us like a king.
After finished Tracking we had our time to get washed and cleaned, the next session begun at 8 a.m, the next session was OutBound. there were so many games we had there, the most advantageous game was a game that we must cross a small bamboo above cold green water pool. Most of us were unable to do that, only 1 of our group member could pass it, and surprisingly she was a girl.
The EWD finished at 1 p.m, we waited for so long for our buses, the way to get to our Camping Ground wasn't easy, we had to pass trough a rough path, the path weren't asphalted yet so that was a hard thing to get there.
We started to understand the main point of the EWD event, they (our Senior ) tried to show us that there's no state of seniority in our College, everyone there were the same, and we learned from each other to make our best. They were so nice and so friendly, that was our luck to be a student of USD, especially in English Education study program.

2 komentar:

  1. i think so about the tracking but but the tracking was not as hard as I did when I was in high school. That was quite easy..

    BalasHapus
  2. tracking was the most excited event.cold,dark and waaw...hehe

    BalasHapus